In perfect weddings planning is everything! This is why we give you a free wedding planning checklist that you can use if you are planning your own wedding and you can use it if you have a wedding planner. Our wedding planning checklist is divided in 6 parts that are in chronologic order.
To receive our wedding planning checklist just sign up to our newsletter and you will receive it right after you confirm your email address.
Here is a short explanation on each wedding planning checklist and timeline:
6 to 12 Months Before the Wedding
This is the beginning of the wedding planning and its the foundation and most important part of the wedding planning. This is what you should start with:
- Announce your engagement
- Decide what kind of wedding and the time of the day
- Pick the date
- Choose a location
- Start planning the reception
- Select the bridal party
- Secure the church and inquire about premarital counseling
- Choose your colors
- Choose and order the bridal gown
- Start planning the honeymoon
- Begin your bridal registry
- Select and order wedding invitations
- Select a caterer and choose the wedding rings.
3 Months Before the Wedding
- Create the guest list
- Both mothers should select their dresses
- Make reservations for the honeymoon
- Confirm various dates
- Discuss transportation
- Order the wedding cake
- Order tuxedos
- Schedule the bridesmaid dress fittings
- Place engagement announcement in the local newspaper.
2 Months Before the Wedding
- Prepare and mail the invitations
- Get the marriage license
- Finalize honeymoon reservations
- Make transportation arrangements.
1 Month Before the Wedding
- Reserve accommodations for guests
- Manage gifts and thank you letters
- Purchase gifts for the bridal party
- Schedule final fittings
- Get the wedding programs printed
- Schedule appointements at beauty salons for attendants
- Host the bridesmaid luncheon
- Purchase guest book and decide where it will go.
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Arrange to have names changed on the driver’s license and other documents
- Finalize the number of guests with the caterer.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Start packing for the honeymoon
- Plan the seating arrangements for all guests
- Have a beautician practice fixing your hair and makeup
- Make sure that the wedding rings are picked up and fit.
Free Detailed Wedding Planning Checklist!
The list that I wrote in this article is a simplified one. If you want to know the details on each step please download our free Wedding Planning Checklist. Just sign up to our newsletter and you will receive it in your email box right after you confirm your email!
It’s in a printable format with check boxes so that you can keep everything organized and stick to the plan!